Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Designer with extensive experience in the mining and minerals industry on large capital projects, including projects in remote locations and other countries, in particular third world countries.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the company Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community, and the environment.
- Produce mechanical drawings in accordance with accepted Engineering practice and company draughting procedures
- Experienced and familiar with relevant CAD software packages including 3D design software)
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Detailed design and production of mechanical drawings encompassing all aspects of a Mining Processing plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Timely completion of mechanical drawings to schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as vendor works inspections, material take-offs, standard drawings, and detail drawings.
- Production of drawings on time and within budget.
- Production of drawings in accordance with established procedures, i.e., internal review, client review, checking, etc.
- Clarity and accuracy of drawings.
- Work closely with consultants, other disciplines, and Project/Study Managers to ensure that client's objectives are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance and take initiative for safety and environmental issues
Skills / Qualifications
- Tertiary Technical Qualification, (National Diploma etc.)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Mechanical design experience in the mining and minerals processing area in design office and in the field.
- Knowledge of Mineral Processing Plant equipment such Primary Crusher, Secondary Crushers, Tertiary Crushers, Vibrating Screens, Feeders, Stockpiles.
- A good understanding of the operation of belt conveyors and its various components.
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of design packages and discipline related application software.
- Experienced and familiar with relevant CAD software packages including 3D and company Drafting Procedure, knowledge of word, databases, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of fabrication, construction and operations.
- Good understanding of mechanical technology.
- Checking skills with ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative.
- Quick and accurate with methodical approach to allocated work areas.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive attitude.
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- A common-sense approach to everyday life.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and "get up and go" to manage own workflow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence, resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
- Ability to work in remote locations.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.