Skills: Subsea Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Development Manager (staff, London)
Our client, an independent Oil and Gas company is looking for a high calibre Development Manager to join the team. The role would be focusing the company's key deep water asset in West Africa.
- Improving subsurface understanding of the various components of the asset, clearly demonstrating the risk vs the reward for the components and bringing opportunities through to approvals.
- Working closely with the Drilling and Completions department to ensure that the best opportunities are drilled as soon as practicable, and that key appraisal data is acquired.
- Leading the end year Reserves Audit for the asset. This should be planned so that future developments are timed to maximise end year reserves booking.
- Working with the in-country production team to ensure consistency of understanding and near-term production forecasting, as well as protecting reservoir management when challenged by short term production demands.
- Leading the subsurface team and challenge the team to produce excellent quality work in tight timeframes with a lean team.
- As a senior member of the subsurface community, you will provide guidance and help to more junior members across the company.
Ideally you will have a MSc. level or equivalent in a related subject, with experience of leading a subsurface team for a large, operated offshore oilfield. You will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Experience of coordinating projects across departments in an Area Development Manager, or Asset Manager type role preferred.
- Subsurface background required.
- Experience of all field maturities - from exploration through to production.
- Experience of leading projects through stage gates
- Good understanding of Reserves theory (PRMS)
- Experience of deepwater subsea projects preferred.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.