Material Planner Job Summary:
The purpose of the position is to place orders for raw and intermediate use products for use in manufacturing. Ensure we are maintaining proper levels of inventory of each material and do not have deficits of material when needed to meet our customers' expectations.
This position reports to the Materials Manager. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Run MRP to determine when and how much material to order
- Place purchase orders against vendors
- Please stock transfer orders against internal source plants
- Update inbound bulk delivery shared calendar as needed
- Maintain proper inventory levels of each material
- Monitor fluctuations in inventory or demand and adjust order planning as needed
- Maintain electronic database and reports (inactive inventory, DoH, supplier list, material shortages, etc.)
- Comply with all regulatory requirements and company policies
- No financial or budgetary responsibility
- University degree in business preferred supply chain focus
Physical job requirements and exposures:
- 2 - 3 years experience in manufacturing or planning roles
- APICS certifications would be an asset, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel , Access database
- SAP PP/MM modules
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritization
- Good oral and written communication skills
Must be Eligible to Work in Canada About Petroplan
- Exerting up to 5 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.