Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join our Consulting team based in Perth. Our ideal candidate will join a team of engineering specialists working within the field of engineering dynamics specifically focusing on Static Equipment Systems.
In this role you will undertake ad hoc field assignments and showcase your technical excellence in FEA analysis, reviewing data and resolving the causes and effects of vibration in static equipment and structures. Working collaboratively to provide engineering solutions improving the integrity and performance of facilities across our global client base. This is a practical consulting role where you will
- Assist with investigations and provide high quality technical input for relevant plant failures and trouble-shooting projects
- Have a keen eye for detail and the ability to quickly interpret key client evidence
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings and recommend methods for rectification
- Maintain and develop new client relationships, responding to queries and working together to connect and cooperate
- Develop systems and processes for continuous improvement
- Provide engineering solutions within a customer focused and service oriented framework
Our ideal candidate will have experience that includes:
- Dynamic stress and fatigue analysis
- Pipe stress analysis, pulsation analysis / control,
- Strain gauging, structural dynamics / trouble-shooting
- Acoustic and flow induced studies, CFD, FEA
- Experience in Nastran, Ansys and Abacus FEA would be advantageous
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
Please note that at this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) and do not require company sponsorship to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
To be considered for this role we would ideally like to attract candidates with three years industry experience, however those who have less experience with a keen interest in this field are encouraged to apply.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics engineering
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience (Mining / Oil & Gas / Renewables) ideally - graduates or those with less experience are encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with piping codes and / or piping code analysis software
- Advanced problem solving and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) capability
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong team relationships
- Strong competency in English literacy with demonstrated experience in effective report writing
- Strong computer proficiency across a range of analysis software
To ensure that your application is eligible for review, please ensure that you provide a copy of your academic transcript. We suggest that you merge your resume, cover letter and transcripts into one .pdf document and then upload as your CV.
By doing that you may have confidence that your application meets application criteria.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.