Our client, a large oil and gas midstream company, is currently seeking a Learning and Development Specialist
for a contract position until March 2022 in Calgary, AB. Description:
Is considered a fully qualified learning and development specialist who has experience in SuccessFactors LMS.
The Learning Management System (LMS) Governance and Services team is part of the Human Resources department. Their LMS is used to provide training to over 11,000 employees and contractors across Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
Reporting to the Manager of LMS Governance & Services, the LMS Domain Administrator works collaboratively with members of the LMS team and other stakeholders to ensure employees and contractors are supported by systems and processes that enhance their learning and development. Responsibilities:
- Provide LMS domain administration support by creating and assigning items, curricula and assignment profiles for courses
- Create and maintain instructors (evaluators, external vendors, internal instructors) and their authorizations
- Build and sustain effective relationships with other stakeholders of the LMS
- Recommend ideal way to release courses from an enterprise wide system standpoint
- Advise on system and learner impacts based on learning item configurations
- Assign mandatory learning item or curriculum to a group of learners using Assignment Profiles for automated assignments for learning items
- Key player in the strategy of course, curriculum or program release and maintenance
- Maintain a catalog of learning items including classroom, e-learning or blended
- Support the sustainment of LMS governance processes and procedures
- Update and manage the team's SharePoint site as appropriate
- Support LMS system troubleshooting
- Provide end user case management support through ServiceNow
- Support LMS release process and testing/regression testing as required
- Provide miscellaneous project support
- Review and recommend changes as part of a continuous improvement culture
- Supports Learning Team in working through potential learning solutions for a Business Partner and the pros and cons of said potential solution.
- Update/maintain documentation on how-tos.
- Thorough knowledge of the LMS module in SuccessFactors
- Sound knowledge in building, suspending and amending/editing assignment profiles, curriculums, items and an understating of their inter-relationships
- Experience in running reports to provide insight into completions, audits, learning needs and troubleshooting
- Detail oriented with proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills with highly effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to manage multiple projects while working in a deadline driven and highly efficient and effective environment
- Positive attitude with a continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with highly sensitive information
- Motivated self-starter who works well under pressure
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in SAP SuccessFactors Learning Module required
- Learning Management System experience in other platforms considered
- Proficient in Excel, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, SharePoint
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.