The Lab Tech analyzes in process and finished product samples, and returns vital analysis data to the concerned production areas in order for them to continue the production of customer and/or product specific polypropylene, while maintaining safety, integrity, and efficiency of the facility. Lab Technicians are responsible for maintenance, calibration and operation of laboratory equipment and instrumentation to ensure accurate analysis.
The technician must have thorough knowledge of the laboratory equipment, instruments and procedures required for testing, recording, and reporting data. He or she is responsible for trouble-shooting equipment, instruments, or testing problems. They must also work cooperatively with other technicians as well as personnel of other departments and or plants to assure we are supplying in specification product to our clients.
The laboratory technician has the additional responsibility to aid in preparing pre-shipment or special samples to customers and R&T. They must follow all shipping regulations to prepare and ship the samples. This person must be a multi-tasking individual, who can take ownership of their work to support the facility in the Quality processes. Responsibilities Include:
- Test and evaluate standard analyses per the standard protocol.
- Receive and analyze samples per the prescribed sampling schedules and on occasion non-routine sample analysis. Analysis includes Melt Flow, Pellets Per Gram, Yellowness Index, Visual, additives (FTIR and X-Ray), Ethylene, Xylene Solubles, Particle Size Distribution, Molding of pellets, Gels.
- Review and analyze the data for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Inform technicians, management, and affected operational unit of suspect instrumentation and/or data and provide insight on possible solutions.
- Records the data into Lab Soft.
- Actively participates in plant safety initiatives, such as LMS, and housekeeping inspections, to take ownership of personal and co-worker safety.
- Maintaining the laboratory's supplies/inventory.
- Adheres to all HES policies and procedures.
- Achieves and maintains certifications for all routine Q/C testing.
- Complies with all lab quality procedures and practices.
- Uses LIMS system to create samples, enter data and perform simple queries to see data.
- Supports Round-Robin/Gage R&R testing.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.