Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lima, Callao Region, Peru
Wood is recruiting for a Principal / Senior Geotechnical Engineer , for our Lima, Peru office. The ideal candidate will be capable of overseeing a group of consultants, delivering primarily geotechnical, heap leach and tailings management services to the mining industry.
The ideal candidate will be a Professional Engineer with a strong background in the geotechnical aspects of dam safety evaluations and design . He/She will be responsible for the long-term development and management of the team, clients and related business development, oversight on technical quality, and delivery on projects including design, review and project management. These responsibilities will be delivered within a framework that manages risks and prioritizes safety. T he successful candidate will consult on projects in South America and with international clients, thus requiring some travel.
Responsibilities will include:
- Consult on tailings, heap leach and mine waste management projects for our Peru, South American and International clients;
- Undertake business development with new and existing clients, establish and maintain client relationships;
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams, working with other professionals, to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget;
- Coordinate delivery of engineering services and project management according to client-approved scopes of work;
- Participate in marketing efforts, prepare technical proposals and reports which may include; design, analyses, geotechnical; subsurface explorations, tailings deposition planning, heap leach facilities, earthworks design, slope stability analysis, construction documents and management of construction monitoring services;
- Provide senior review design, working with a multi-disciplinary team including hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geochemists, rock mechanics, environmental, and other disciplines;
- Perform Dam Safety Inspections/Dam Safety Reviews, Dam Safety Evaluations, Risk Assessments
- Provide leadership, management and mentoring of technical staff;
- Provide quality leadership & mentoring of junior technical staff
- Participate as a member of Wood's Global Mining Sector Team to coordinate business activities between offices, divisions and across borders;
- Manage contractors and sub-consultants on your projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Geotechnical, civil engineering, Mining or Geological Engineering (or equivalent); Advanced degree is highly desirable;
- A minimum of 20-25 years' experience in the mining sector, specifically design and construction of tailings & heap leach facilities; experience in Rock Mechanics is an asset
- Experience with tailings characterization and technologies, such as conventional, thickened, paste and filtered deposits for metal mining;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, management and leadership qualities;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop a team internally;
- Project management experience in a mining or construction related environment, including ability with: project budgeting, cost forecasting;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Registered as a professional engineer in Peru
- Ability to travel, domestic & international travel required
- Demonstrated business management capabilities would be an asset.
- Language : English and Spanish
- Eligible to work in Peru
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.