Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Santiago, Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Wood is currently recruiting a HSSEA Manager with extensive experience in the mining industry. The duties of the job are:
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate HSE System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Wood Directives.
- Assists in reviewing projects to ensure compliance with safety standards and maintenance. Oversees relevant HSSE activities during proposal, execution and operations. Develops the required HSSE procedures upon award of contract and monitors implementation.
- Formulates and recommends policies and measures to reduce or eliminate accidents, health hazards and damage to life and property.
- Develops, supervises, conducts and coordinates training programs to increase proficiency in safety consciousness. Counsels managers and supervisors on safety matters and conducts safety conferences as needed.
- Arranges required HSSE audits within company and at subcontractor locations. Initiates corrective action measures as required.
- Track incidents and maintains HSSE records and HSSE tracking database system. Initiates incident investigations related to accidents and near misses. Works with all employees to instill a safe and environmentally conscientious work environment, determining the awareness level, discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve behavior as needed.
- Develops Reports and monthly statistics from his area of responsibility.
- Responsible of get into the Incidents in onAIM and follow the investigation and close up of these.
- Monitors and controls department expenses, schedules and progress.
- Manages work force staffing and budgeting.
- Approves and monitors Timesheet of the Team.
- Approves and monitors overtime and reports on variances to budget.
- Approves HSSE requisition of buy.
- As leader, the HSSEA Director should be recognized like a person that can give support to the Team, teaching to the people how they can obtain the best results, how they have to act, having clear which are the border that never they can pass.
Please submit your resume in English
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Safety, Industrial, Chemical, Structural or Mechanical Engineering or related field is the preferred professional.
- Chilean Mining Safety Accreditation - Sernageomin A or B
- Chilean Safety Accreditation - Minister of Public Health - Category Professional
- 15 years at least of industry and HSSE experience along with a minimum of 10 years as a proven team leader.
- Comprehensive knowledge of chilean and international regulations (OSHA), requirements, standards and best practices.
- Minimum 12 years of experience or above in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures, preferably in the design and operation of Mining operations and/or Maintenance, Engineering and Construction.
- Ability to prepare budget projections and provide input to proposals.
- Effective communication (oral, written and listening) skills with proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation.
- Spanish language (Native)
- English language (Fluent level)
- Demonstrated facilitation, training and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates skills in problem solving, team building, total quality management.
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity and innovation needed to enhance competiveness.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in managing multiple and constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted)
- Permit to work in Chile without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Somos una empresa que favorece la igualdad de oportunidades y que reconoce el valor de la diversidad en sus equipos de trabajo. Todos los candidatos con la cualificacion adecuada seran considerados para oportunidades de empleo sobre la base de criterios objetivos y sin tener en cuenta lo siguiente (que es una lista no exhaustiva): raza, color, edad, religion, sexo, origen nacional, discapacidad, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero, condicion de veterano protegido u otras caracteristicas, de acuerdo con la legislacion vigente.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.