Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or similar sectors of the industry to provide support to our Client in the execution of projects.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities;
- Power systems design to client specifications and local/international standards and legal requirements
- Load schedule and equipment sizing calculations
- Integrate electrical design with other disciplines
- Electrical system studies using specialized software
- Protection grading studies using specialized software
- Equipment data sheets and material requisitions
- Assist designers with design drawings and cable schedule
- Contract requisitions works information and BOQ
- Technical bid evaluations
- Manage suppliers by reviewing documentation and attending factory acceptance test
- Support site team during construction and site acceptance testing of substation equipment
- Assist with commissioning and handover
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng, BTech - Electrical Engineering Power
- Minimum of 10 years EPC or related experience
- Pr Eng, Pr Tech Eng registered
- SPEL, MS Access and ETAP/DigSilent competency
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Low and Medium Voltage switchgear
- Protection system studies and grading
- Hazardous Area Classifications
- Problem Solving - Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability - Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications - Actively listens and seeks to understand others' points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Planning, Organizing & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently and strives to ensure that agreed schedule undertakings are met.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.