Position summary The Projects and Engineering department will support any new greenfield / brownfield projects for the Algerian region. Currently, in Algeria there is one operating Asset.
There are several projects being executed at various stages including facility de-bottlenecking, reliability improvement projects, slug catcher installation and a Phase 2 development (16 well tie-back & LP Compression system), which will include the design, installation, and commissioning of a new plant extension.
The Contracts Manager position is an essential part of the highly interactive collaborative P&E team, this positional is required to be highly mobile to move between works sites and offices in which FEED and EPC execution will occur.
This position is to lead the Touat Phase 2 FEEDs and EPC Tenders, Evaluations, Awards and Contract Administration . Working closely with the Project Director and Engineering Manager to implement the development comprehensive ITT package(s) and evaluation plans. Lead and coordinate tenders evaluations and recommend to award in accordance with client procedures. Post Award contract administration including; correspondence, invoicing, variations and amendments. Dispute resolutions and contract close out.
Prepare, issue and manage ad hoc procurement on behalf of client in support of Projects and Engineering Function and Touat Phase 1 operations for brown field modifications including; engineering studies, miscellaneous equipment and materials.
Manage the related P2P process
Main duties & responsibilities
- Champion HSE and Quality in all procurement activities
- Ensure that all contracting and procurement activities are executed in line with client processes and procedures
- Coordinate activities to ensure that contracts and agreements are placed in order to meet business requirements and support ongoing activities
- Ensure that cost-effective and high performing contracts and agreements are delivered and managed in a professional and ethical manner
- Ensure Company is not exposed to unnecessary contractual or commercial risk
- Manage the procurement interface with Contractors, Suppliers, Consultants and Company in a professional and ethical manner Responsible for implementation of client and client procurement standards, work processes and best practices within Projects team
- Plan, conduct and conclude complex contract negotiations
- Prioritise tender schedules and manage workload to meet business requirements
- Prepare project contracting strategy and individual contracting strategies including any prequalification requirements as appropriate
- Prepare ITT documentation and mange communication with prospective bidders
- Lead tendering and evaluation process and makes recommendations to management
- Prepare detailed Recommendation to Award papers and presentations where required
- Draft agreements using standard templates
- Contract management from kick off to close out
- Provide contractual advice, support and interpretation to projects team
- Lead claim and dispute teams ensuring positive outcomes where applicable
- Develop and implement supplier relationship performance management plans
- Work closely with stakeholders in order to understand their needs and requirements through good communication and collaboration
- Manage and coordinate the appropriate process between client and NETBV associated with supply chain approvals and cross charging
Required Competences/ Qualifications / Experience / Profile
Additional Competence Requirements
- Extensive experience in contracts and procurement
- Suitable experience in an international project environment preferably North Africa
- Knowledge of onshore processing facilities, including pipeline, wells, and gas processing facilities.
- Knowledge of FEED & EPCC Pre and Post Award SCM scopes
- Proven ability to communicate with different sets of stakeholder in geographically diverse environment
- Developed communication skills to present complicated issues in an understandable way and to influence others to ensure compliance.
- Flexible approach in achieving the client Way and specific local business needs
- Basic knowledge of SAP
- Fluent in English and ideally French (oral and written) would be preferable
Acting in compliance with Company values:
- Agile and adaptable in the face of changing situations, flexible in mindset and doesn't over complicate
- Takes ownership and accountability, embraces the ambiguous world we operate in, makes tough, well-timed and informed decisions
- Works effectively in a matrix structure, shares knowledge freely and embraces different opinions; demonstrates a team of teams mindset
- Is entrepreneurial, pushes boundaries and leads with conviction, is a catalyst for and supporter of change
- Takes a ‘Client first' approach, ambitious to succeed and driven to exceed expectations (business oriented)
- Health, Safety & Environment: Excellence in HSE is demanded and integral to everything we do.
- Integrity: Commitment to ethical operations and respect to all individuals across all organisations.
- Accountability: Take responsibility of actions and results, personally commit to the success of client .
- Teamwork: Only together can we grow, only in partnership can we succeed.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.