Skills: Business Development, Sales
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisiana, USA, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for an Outside Sales Representative to join the team on a permanent basis South Louisiana. The main responsibility is to ensure that the financial and business targets agreed with the Sparrows Directorate are exceeded by applying the highest standards of leadership and business acumen.
Contributing to marketing of the Sparrows services, products, and parts by:
• Working with and assisting the Global Business Development team.
• Assisting the Business Development team with ideas, marketing copy and contacts relating to their business units.
• Undertaking visits to current and potential clients to promote all services and products
• Develop and maintain contact with key decision makers of oil companies, marine companies, alternative energy companies, fabrication, and shipyards.
• Ensures that Sparrows Offshore is on the "approved vendors" for all products and services.
• Monitors the timing of potential sales opportunities and keeps management advised in an effort to coordinate activities that may be necessary to ensure Sparrows Offshore maximizes opportunities.
• Anticipate and communicate market opportunities so as to position Sparrows Offshore to participate as appropriate.
• Represent Sparrows Offshore in technical/commercial inquiries and sales opportunities as appropriate.
• Keep management advised of any potential business opportunities.
• Maintain active interest in revenue collection.
• Assist in problem resolution between customers and company.
• Initiate and update opportunities in CRM.
• Participate in bi-weekly control room meetings and monthly pipeline review meetings.
• Assist with monthly reporting.
• Maintain sales material for presentations and quotations.
• Establish and maintain a core customer base.
Ensuring that profit and business targets are agreed and achieved for the business by:
• Consulting with and assisting the Business Development Manager and Directorate in the setting of targets for their allocated Business area.
• Fulfilling the tasks described in this job description.
Preparing and fulfilling a strategic plan for the growth of the area of the business by taking a lead role in the following:
• Budget creation and management.
• Identifying new business opportunities
• Delivering existing and new business opportunities.
• Actively marketing all Group services to client base.
Ensuring that all business development activities are completed to the company's satisfaction by maximizing the financial benefit to Sparrows through:
• Assist in creating a Business Development Plan.
• Communicating effectively with the client.
• Creation and continual review of Business development and Sales processes.
• Gaining customer feedback by customer satisfaction surveys.
• Planning and attendance of necessary sales and business development visits.
Ensuring that all business transactions are completed to the highest ethical and professional standards and comply with the Sparrows Group policies.
Undertaking any other reasonable and legitimate duties assigned by the Business Development Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous experience in a sales role is preferred.
• Established connections in the region within the Industrial industry beneficial.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.