Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Project Manager to join our site investigation team in Chelmsford, Massachusetts.
Are you an Environmental Project Manager with 10-15 years of environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Chelmsford, MA team. Wood is dedicated to providing an atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills and experience/interest in project management, as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization with unlimited career opportunities. At the same time, the Chelmsford office takes pride in maintaining a close collaborative environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, with a deep bench of knowledgeable and skilled geologists, scientists, engineers, chemists, and database specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate would be located in the Chelmsford area and support a local team while also being part of the larger operations within the region. Wood offers the opportunity and flexibility to balance work in the office and from home.
- Manage environmental projects, site characterization, remedial designs, and preparation of reports and other related documentation,
- Prepare proposals and assist in the preparation of large-scale proposals including developing work scopes, task-level budgets, and cost estimates,
- Maintain successful client relations while working on multiple projects at one time
- Manage project contracts, staff, budgets and schedules,
- Manage clients and associated project work with the support of key staff in accordance with state and Federal regulations and protocols,
- Perform, analyze and report on specific environmental project tasks,
- Research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles,
- Participate and collaborate with other Wood offices and staff on large, multidisciplinary assignments, and
- Motivate, train, and mentor staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S or M.S. with directly related degree in geology, environmental science, or other related field,
- 1 0-15 years relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity and management responsibility,
- Knowledge of industry-standard project management tools (software)
- Strong commitment to company's safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices,
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy.
- Must take training and become a Wood-qualified Senior Project Manager
- Certification as Licensed Site Professional in Massachusetts.
- Knowledge of federal programs (e.g., RCRA, CERCLA)
- Experience with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances.
- Experience across a range of commercial, industrial, and federal sectors,
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer services and a commitment to technical excellence,
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget,
- Highly experienced in the preparation of environmental reports including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner,
- Highly competent in leading, planning, designing and managing multi-media site investigations.
Skills / Attributes
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively,
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role,
- On site leadership of site investigations and remediation,
- Work collaboratively within a team and provide mentoring to develop colleagues.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.