Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
This position will manage the federal tax provision and compliance processes of the U.S. group and lead or assist in tax planning initiatives as they arise.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the annual, quarterly and monthly income tax provision processes of the U.S. group.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to reduce the effective tax rate.
- Validate and ensure the accuracy of tax account balances and compliance with SOX404.
- Prepare tax footnotes and other income tax financial statement disclosures.
- Manage, review and coordinate the preparation of the US corporate and partnership tax returns and estimated tax payments with an outside firm.
- Regularly seek to identify, drive and implement process improvement within the tax department.
- Research, analyze and document tax issues as they arise and ensure that all working papers are audit-ready.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other tax department managers to utilize available resources in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Assist in responding to and resolving inquires by federal tax authorities including tax audits.
- Clearly communicate issues, opportunities and solutions to senior management and other team members.
- Assist and/or lead federal tax planning projects.
- Learn the business and the corporate org chart, and identify and engage key constituencies throughout the organization to build effective working relationships and further Tax Department objectives.
- Other assignments, as required.
- Opportunity to wear many hats and learn other areas outside of Federal Tax.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- Advanced tax-related degree and/or CPA preferred.
- Significant knowledge of U.S. GAAP tax accounting rules as well as SOX 404.
- Minimum 7 years of U.S. corporate tax provision and compliance experience is required. A mix of industry and public accounting experience is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of federal tax laws and ability to perform research and document facts, issues and conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience in and understanding of tax return processes and possession of strong financial accounting skills.
- Experience with OneSource, Hyperion, MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a multinational environment, hands-on mentality and team player.
- Ability to leverage prior experience to identify issues, actively engage in solution management, and interface with a variety of tax and non-tax professionals.
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with strong trouble shooting skills.
- Highly accountable with an innovative and collaborative management style.
- Strong management presence with excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1), their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Tax Manager and Senior Tax Manager roles.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 104000
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.