Do you like to work for a forward thinking technology company? Do you enjoy technical challenges? Join our growing team
We are the leader in well construction and production. Our innovative physical and digital solutions improve efficiency, production and maximize reservoir value. Partner with the best
As part of our commitment to the health & safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
As a Senior Logistics & Initiatives Leader, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Develop the process and organization to support delivery operations for sources of supply.
- Leader and member of teams to develop future state operational methods for both processes and systems.
- Responsible to logistics delivery performance for assigned process scope.
- Lead as a 'project manager' for both organizational development, process design/implementation and system roadmap to support performance efficiency.
- Identify, hire and lead a team of logistics professionals and 3rd party logistics service providers to support the performance requirements for the role.
- Identify ongoing operational process and staffing needs to support logistics operations.
- Drive long term improvements in terms of cost reduction and efficiency.
- Manage KPIs to track the performance of the regional logistics organization in support of regional oilfield service operations.
- Develop logistics and transportation strategies that a) follow the global logistics strategy roadmap, b) support the growth and changes in business operations
- Lead automation and system development efforts
- Hands-on leader in critical situations; must personally
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Mgmt, Supply Chain, Engineering or equivalent.
- 15+ years of experience in Logistics, Transportation or related field;
- 10+ years in people leadership positions in a regional or global role.
- Demonstrated history of managing teams across multiple countries and regions of the world that produced positive business impacts.
- Demonstrate history of engagement with various tiers of service providers in the transportation industry; carriers (road, air, ocean), Freight Forward, 3-4/PL service providers, brokers, etc.
- Strong project management skills with ability to plan tasks, assign resources, manage progress, remove barriers, manage change, resolve conflict, build consensus and motivate team members across multiple functions, regions and product lines (+5 years)
- Strong experience with understanding of freight spend and the breakdown of components unique to various modes of transportation.
- Strong global leadership & influence skills that inspire trust, collaboration and operational excellence (5+ years)
- A proven track record of cost reduction/savings delivery and ability to manage complexity and change.
- Ability to work in a highly metric-driven environment and deliver against challenging performance targets.
- Ability to build effective relationships and influence peers and key stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational and leadership skills.
- Communicates and influences effectively, with the ability to motivate and influence others inside and outside of own function.
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
Work in a way that works for you
- 5+ years of working for transportation service provider/ carrier / Freight Forwarder (not mode specific)
- Experience in either capital project logistics and/or oil & gas transportation
- Depth of work experience in multiple functions/disciplines within Supply Chain (ie. Materials, Sourcing, Manufacturing, etc)
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other. Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.