The Lease Operator is responsible for monitoring and reporting on production and other pertinent well information and provides maintenance on production equipment. The position applies basic and some advance skills to perform routine and complex operations using tools and equipment appropriate for the energy industry. Applies a general understanding of the technical concepts, practices, procedures and has a general understanding of the industry standards and government regulations related to the oil and gas industry. The operator must have the willingness to comply with company practices, procedures and policies. Crosby Expectations:
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
Requirements Job Duties:
- Safety Awareness
- Work Ethic
- Technical Skill
- Customer Focus
- Open Communication
- Implementing Vision and Values
- Make routine checks on all well sites according to schedule.
- Monitor production equipment, compressors, wellheads, dehydrators and meters.
- Manage daily fluid production; gauge and record oil and water tanks; record all seal records.
- Participate in periodic well review meetings with foreman, techs, and asset manager.
- Analyze production-related problems and work with foreman, techs, asset manager, and any other relative personnel to troubleshoot.
- Submit daily data and turn in all reports and tickets on a timely basis.
- Inspect lease sites, ensure they are clean and maintained; check for spills and fluid leaks.
- Daily inspection of pumping units, compressors, and other equipment to ensure they are well maintained.
- Provide relief pumping when needed.
- Communicate regularly with production foreman and relief pumper.
- Ensure company provided vehicle is well maintained and cleaned.
- Perform light maintenance on equipment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Run Dynamometers and Shoot Fluid Levels on a daily basis.
- Operating and maintaining multiple types of Pump Off Controllers including those with VFD 's.
- Generate computer-based reports with recommendations for well performance improvements.
- Assuring that all components are operating safely and within regulatory guidelines.
- Provide support to field personnel as needed to ensure POC's are operating at optimal level.
- Computer knowledge - Proficient utilizing MS Office environment
- Experience with high pressure gas operations
- Strong initiative and self-starter
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritizing
- Excellent Interpersonal Communications skills in a team environment
- General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
- Understanding of Importance of environmental and Safe Work Practices
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walking, bending, stooping is required.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- 3-5 years Lease Operator experience
- Strong working knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver's License with an acceptable driving record
Crosby offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.Summary Summary
This position is responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities, surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production and operations. 5+ years oilfield experience