Our client is currently seeking a Project Engineer to work a long term contract in California. Job Description
- The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager with the successful management of the engineering, pre-construction, procurement and construction for the project. Responsible for planning, monitoring and reviewing activities within the assigned scope of responsibility. Interfaces with the subcontractors and project owner to manager all manner of issues within the assigned scope of responsibility (including quality and schedule controls, commissioning of the power plant, etc.). With direction from the Project Manager, the Project Engineer will work to ensure that the power plant is properly constructed in accordance with the project design and the project schedule.
- Assist the Project Manager and support the overall management of the project.
- Interface with subcontractors and project owner to coordinate and resolve issues.
- Review and take actions to resolve technical issues of the project (including issues related to engineering/design of the power plant, manufacturing progress of procurement items, construction progress, QA/QC, commissioning of the power plant, etc.),
- Review and oversee prime contract, subcontracts invoicing processes.
- Review and oversee the plan for project site mobilization and demobilization.
- Develop and lead recovery plans in case project is behind schedule or it is foreseeable that project will be behind schedule.
- Develop and lead actions and responses to questions, requests and claims from project owner and subcontractors.
- Maintain daily paperwork (field reports, schedule updates and email correspondence).
- Save all project documents in the appropriate folders.
- Assist with updating project schedules.
- Participate in all site meetings.
- Assist in preparation of project completion requirements, red line as-builts, and all other project controls.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction of plants.
- Will be required to effectively manage all essential job duties and meet assigned deadlines.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with people on all levels ensuring that all external and internal communication is carried out to a high standard.
- A conceptual knowledge of construction of power plants.
Work from home or Orange County office then work at project site in Imperial County California during construction Schedule:
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.