Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Weatherford is seeking applicants for the position of Manual Machinist IV in our Bakersfield facility. This is a hands on, rewarding role where you will be producing quality and efficient products and tools for the oil and gas industry. The will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provide full training on our machines, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Provide machining services of oilfield connections. Manufacture and repair of downhole tools, rental and liner tools.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Fabricate and modify tools and equipment.
- Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, or grinder to machine parts to specifications.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Install repaired parts into equipment and operate equipment to verify operational efficiency.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Cut and shape sheet metal and heat and bend metal to specified shape.
- Recut and repair A.P.I. connections.
- Manufacture needed tools.
- Operate front loader.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- 5+ years experience as a general machinist
- Extensive ability and knowledge of operating hollow spindle lathe, rotary drill press and various hand tools such as grinders, debur, etc.
- Read basic measuring tools
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to drive/operate loader and forklift
- Must have high school diploma or GED