Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood has a career opportunity for a Junior Mechanical Engineer to work with a multi-disciplinary technical team reporting to one of the mechanical engineering leads in our Mountain Region Design Center with offices in Salt Lake City, UT and Phoenix, AZ. This role will provide opportunity to be involved in all aspects of project engineering as a support to engineering, design and project management personnel. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Under the direction of a Senior Engineer, compile and edit technical documents and proposals
- Perform technical calculations with support from senior engineers
- Plan and coordinate with engineers and designers
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups/disciplines with clients, suppliers and contractors and between other divisional groups
- Assist project leads with progress measurements
- CAD drafting of markups from designers and engineers
- Work with Project Controls to assist with monitoring project metrics and to control project costs and schedule on a continual basis
- Assist office administration members as necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- EIT required
- Exceptional written skills to be able to write technical documents
- Organized, systematic and competent to perform detailed technical tasks
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline setting, with ability to coordinate and communicate with each discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- CAD experience will be considered an asset (AutoCAD and/or Revit)
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.