Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Skills: Project Management, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineering/Project Manager to join our Salt Lake City operation. This team has an excellent reputation and ambition to grow and serve an increased client base in a growing business line. As a successful candidate, you will join in leading an established team and become a part of the Wood Global Technical Expert Network (GTEN) where you will be connected with more than 400 engineers and geologist focused on solutions to the complex ground issues our diverse clients face. Our professionals are networked across the organization and are active in technical organizations advancing our practice.
Wood's Salt Lake City office provides a broad range of geotechnical services both locally and across our Mountain Region as part of a larger geotechnical team. The successful candidate will provide geotechnical engineering, project management and be responsible for delivering successful geotechnical and geological projects to Wood's public and private sector clients. Projects generally include transportation, mining, site characterization, flood control, dams, pavement and other civil works projects.
- Provide geotechnical engineering and project management and will be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's public and private sector clients.
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports.
- Technical mentoring to junior staff.
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis and LRFD foundation design.
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight of staff.
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members.
- Market to, pursue, or grow clients in the public or private sector.
- Participate in proposal efforts.
- Will travel to project sites primarily in Utah. Approximately 10% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering or MS in Geotechnical Engineering (MS preferred).
- PE required
- Minimum 15 years of relevant professional geotechnical engineering experience.
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Utah soils and geology.
- Experience in two or more of the following areas:
- Mine design (tailings and heap leach),
- Earth dams, or
- Drilling, field investigations and laboratory testing.
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English.
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a team and work well with a team.
- Ability to pursue and develop clients in the public or private sectors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites primarily in Utah.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.