Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities Duties & Responsibilities
- Software development work to be done in the office
- Create and manages tools and applications for the build systems for Windows as well Linux platform
- Manages source control like Perforce as an admin
- Manages build system like Team City as an admin
- Build and manage containerized architecture to deploy software updates in Field Device Manager
- Create and manage Windows Installer using WiX Toolset
- Good understanding of cloud deployment technologies
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools as per the business needs
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Prioritize and plan work to accomplish goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with other developers, QA analysts, Product Owners, internal customers, and subject matter experts to develop product.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Complete projects to release and deployment utilizing knowledge of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Support the creation of documentation and training material.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- The ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Off hours availability to work with remote teams.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within physical constraints of the job.
This role is responsible for developing and supporting the productization and deployment of production automation and software solutions. These solutions may be on premise, in the cloud, or at the edge. The deployment mechanisms range from installers and wizards to solutions involving containers, cloud technologies, and device management for edge products. In addition, this position has responsibilities related to the management and administration of tools and applications used by the organization for the development of software solutions which may include assisting with builds, supporting DevOps practices, improving the build and test environment, as well as helping with the definition and implementation of software configuration management and source control. Additional responsibilities include supporting integrations between applications used by the organization for test management and automation, issue tracking, and project management. Experience & Education Required:
BS/ B. Tech/ B.E./MS/ M. Tech in Computer Science or in related engineering field Preferred:
BS/ B. Tech/ B.E./MS / M. Tech in Computer Science Knowledge, Skills, & Ability Required:
- 5-8 years of experience in the required tools and technologies
- Experience in managing source control and build systems
- Experience in creating installation packages including installers and wizards
- Experience with both Windows and Linux development environments, including the use and administration of VMs
- Experience with containers and cloud deployment technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and identify issues
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Off-hours availability with offshore teams
- Experience in managing Team City, Perforce, Jira as an admin
- Experience in creating Windows Installer using WiX Toolset
- Experience with DevOps tools like Dockers and Containers for Linux platform
- Experience in IoT Device Managers using open source
- Industrial Automation domain background (Oil and Gas Domain is a big plus)