Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Posted: Sep 14, 2021
Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, responsible for facilitating continuous improvement work sessions, that lead teams through rapid improvement events to address strategic projects or value stream initiatives.
- Executes analytical approaches and applies proven structured process improvement techniques in support of overall workshop or production cell.
- Leads efforts for establishing and sustaining improvement processes supporting a frontline leader and the associated work group.
- Leads small teams to address local Hoshin projects or issues.
- Provides a structured process to align the goals of the company (Strategy), with business' (PSLs, functional groups, geographies) plans (Breakthrough Objectives/Tactics) and the work performed in operations (Action).
- Optimizes processes using understood and deployed Continuous Improvement (Lean) fundamentals within a work cell for efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Lean is defined as a philosophy of creating a work culture that empowers individuals to relentlessly pursue waste elimination driving continuous improvement and maximizing customer value.
- Supports value-added idea generation throughout the work cell/work group at gemba (The place where real action occurs and where the value-added activities take place.
- A philosophy that reminds management to go and see the needs and support the work where it happens) to promote a Continuous Improvement (Lean) culture.
- Trains groups to promote a Continuous Improvement (Lean) culture and develop Continuous Improvement (Lean) competencies.
- Requires the ability to partner with and influence senior level leadership.
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field and 3 years experience in an operations, manufacturing, or quality.
World Class Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days, Paid Holidays and the ability to purchase additional days off
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan with a matching contribution
- Family Care program including paid time off to care for sick or injured immediate family members, adoption reimbursement, paternal and maternal leave for baby bonding and more
- Employee Job Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Educational Assistance
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
6155 W Murphy, Odessa, Texas, 79763, United States
Requisition Number: 106518
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Maintenance PSL
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.