Skills: Construction Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager with extensive experience of delivering Automation systems within the oil and gas / petrochemical industry.
The role will be suitable for a leading manager who has demonstrable experience leading site teams during construction execution phase of a multi - projects program of works.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Lead construction of a program of works involving multiple projects at various sites across UK mainland
- Providing construction input to constructability, organisation, and site set - up, site logistics and scheduling, work breakdown and packaging as well as the appointment (if required) of subcontractors and suppliers
- Where appointed, represent and lead Wood project on the construction site and organise, administer, and control site activities within a defined construction area in accordance with, the relevant legislation, (includes CDM Regulations, The Factories Act, Construction (Health Safety and Welfare) Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act, or Specific Country equivalents), Wood and Client requirements
- Wood has the role of Principal Contractor as described within the CDM Regulations, as such, the Construction Manager is to ensure that responsibilities of Principal Contractor at Site are met
- Be fully familiarised with the contract requirements, Wood policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented on behalf of and under the direction of the Project Manager
- Ensure that the Wood Health, Safety, Security, Environment (HSSE) and quality policy is understood and implemented by all supervised staff and construction contractors within a defined construction area
- Ensure that the project achieves its objectives in respect of HSSE, quality, cost, and schedule within a defined construction area
- Agree, establish, and maintain effective communication and coordination between construction site and home office project team / departments
- Promote Wood by demonstrating professionalism and efficiency, establishing credible client and local contact working relationships
- Support, promote, and champion the Wood core values throughout Project Execution
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in Brownfield Automation Projects within Oil & Gas / Petrochem industries
- Membership in a recognized professional engineering association would be highly preferred
- Significant experience in construction management and execution of major Oil & Gas projects
- Good level of experience as Construction Manager or leadership roles with proven track record
- Experienced as a Leader in major brownfield automation projects
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes, and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.