Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an experienced QA Manager to support the UK Automation and Control business (Wood Applied Intelligence - System Optimisation). As a result of continued growth, we are now looking for an experienced manager to work with our operations and project management to support the department and execute the customer specific project quality requirements. This is very much a hands-on role supporting the delivery of projects and developing new business delivery models as we move into new diversified industries.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provide Quality input to proposals and business development activities as required
- Manage the administration and development of Wood Quality Management System and provide related training
- Ensure the business complies with applicable Wood policies, practices, and procedures
- Support the Operations Manager in developing and implementing a continual improvement plan linked to strategic business objectives
- Liaise with appointed Certification Body (currently Lloyds Register) on matters concerning ISO 9001 certification as required within combined global certification framework
- Develop project customer specific procedures
- Maintain and execute the Project Quality Audit Schedule(s)
- Develop Project Quality Plans and ensure client specific Quality requirements are addressed
- Conduct Project System Audits (PSA) internally and on third party contractors and / or suppliers, as required
- Follow - up and report on status of audit findings
- Provide project Quality induction and training
Skills / Qualifications
- University degree in industry related subject or + significant years sector experience
- Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) preferred
- Good understanding of Quality Management Systems per the requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Good understanding of sector - specific Quality activities
- IRCA ISO 9001 trained Lead Auditor
- Good leadership and communication skills
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good planning, presentational and organisational skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.