Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Posted: Oct 29, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
Process Engineer - Fort SK AB Based
NES Fircroft is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Our client in Calgary and surrounding area is currently looking to hire a Process Engineer to join their team for approximately a 1-year contract. "Could be extended". Located in Ft SK - contract until 15/06/22 - During TA 6/1 rotation will be expected 10 hours a day. They are looking for a motivated Process Engineer to work as an Operations Support Engineer. The Operations Support Engineer (OSE) will provide process engineering support to the 24x7 Production organization to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management.
We are seeking a candidate who has process engineering knowledge and experience, and extensive project management experience would be strongly recommended asset. Traits we would look for in a successful candidate would be the ability to take initiative as well as being able to work well with a team when implementing new projects.
Performing engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and scheduling restraints. Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance. Reviews reports of production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine or address problems. Provides technical support for the engineering process. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required. Design/asset optimization activities require a fundamental understanding of process engineering (guided by standards and procedures). Undertakes designs of new process units / retrofits of existing assets, troubleshooting and process optimization which require integration of other disciplines e.g., economics, utilities, and process control.
- Process engineering focal point for management of change work experience with tank operation and maintenance would be considered an asset.
- Interface with Production, Turn Around, and technical departments to frame and develop the scope required to execute Shutdown, decontamination, maintenance, and startup safely, predictably, and reliably.
- Provide process engineering input on how the scope of change impacts the operation of the facility to ensure the design achieves the expected outcome.
- Develop the relevant deliverables for change management process. E.g., Process engineering scope of work, P&ID mark ups, process engineering studies (H&MB, hydraulics, RVs, pump requirements etc.)
- Support development of TA inspection packages
- Detailed process engineering scope assurance and turnaround execution strategy development
- Turnaround execution role - including vessel and equipment inspections, catalyst loading, etc.
- Turnaround execution will require 6 x 10 hr. support.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering with 7+ years of experience.
- At least 3+ years' experience in an operations support role (contact engineer, operations engineer, facilities engineer etc.) in a refining, upgrading, chemicals or gas processing facility environment.
- Registered professional engineer in Alberta with APEGA, or the ability to register as a P. Eng with APEGA.
- Experience in managing small projects/Management of Change of a multidisciplinary nature.
- A strong process engineering technical background with process knowledge of upgrading operations is desirable.
- Experience with Turn Around readiness and Plant Shutdown activities would be considered an asset.
- Safeguarding/HAZOP/Process Safety Review/Hazard and Effects Management Process exposure is an asset
- Process modeling experience - Pro II and HYSYS/Unisim, HTRI, hydraulic modelling, etc.
LOCATION / TRAVEL / LENGTH OF CONTRACT:
- Fort SK, AB Canada
- Contract length - approximately 1 year TBD - There is potential for the employee to be extended but it is dependent on the length of contract and completion of the project
The ability to stand for long periods is essential with extensive walking and occasional sitting. The nature of the position will require the candidate to perform a wide range of tasks.
We look forward to receiving your resume highlighting the details of your education and work history. This position is available immediately and will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.