Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting a Safety Specialist to join our team in New Brunswick. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to work on site for industrial or tranmission infrastructure in the power industry.
The position will provide support to our client to develop project safety plans, to carry out inspections of the work and to participate in construction and commissioning turnover reviews.
- Prepare Inspection for work performed by Owners personnel
- Review Contractor safety manuals and procedures
- Perform field surveillance to monitor safety of ongoing construction and commissioning activities
- Perform field Inspection walkdowns with contract supervisors, construction and management personnel
- Report non-conformances and assists with development and implementation of dispositions
- Assists contractors with clarifications on safety-related matters
- Conduct safety audits
- Audit contractor tailboards
- Audit contractor employees' qualifications and training
- Attend Weekly Site Coordination Meetings with the contractor
- Review Contractor's weekly site report and health and safety statistics
- Participate in incident / accident investigations to support the determination of cause and to identify possible improvements in work methods. Communicate results if investigation to prevent recurrence. Monitor and follow up as required
- Promote open discussion on safety concerns / issues, and best practices
- Provide weekly safety reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Post-Secondary education in a certified Occupational Health & Safety program or in related discipline
- 4+ years of work experience related to safety program implementation in an industrial or construction environment
- Possession of a valid driver's license is mandatory
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety procedures, standards, i.e. NB Occupational Act & Regulations
- Work experience and/or accreditation in the areas of safety inspection
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.