Accounts Payable Analyst Accountabilities
- Process invoices in accordance with standard procedures set out in the standard AP Work Instruction as well as in the agreed-upon guidelines.
- Ensure that all inputs are correct prior to completion or posting of invoices to avoid re-work.
- Have enough knowledge on withholding taxes, VAT and other tax related codes and transaction codes necessary to process the invoice correctly or respond to vendor inquiries.
- Understand and operate effectively applicable SOX and business controls.
- Investigate queries raised by stakeholders.
- Exercise diligence in reviewing and unblocking invoices.
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a polite and helpful manner.
- Ensure delivery within agreed local performance metrics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements in assigned and related tasks.
- Payments - Payments Analyst will be responsible for the daily processing and execution of payment runs (Automated and Manual) and Manual Payment requests, issue resolution, validation and due diligence, request and monitoring of authorization to ensure that all payments have been processed according to the SOX, Business controls and set Local requirements within the set bank cut offs.
- Email/Queries - Includes the reading of incoming mails, resolution of queries where appropriate, analysis and troubleshooting and routing of queries to respective relevant process contacts.
- Trackers - Payments Analyst will be responsible for the ongoing education of business entities and process stakeholder in the relevance, proper use and completion of the Failed Payments Tool, Critical Payments Tracker and Manual Payments Tracker.
- Metrics Reporting - Payments Analysts will provide data and support to the Accounts Payable stakeholders with regards to Payments related metrics.
- Process Backup - The Payments Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that the team backup structure and Interoperability is reliably in place. Responsibility requires additional trainings should be provided within the team (operations backup) and other centers (Interoperability) using different ERPs and Banking Portals to minimize risks of business disruptions on regular occasions and Business Continuity Process Activation.
- Continuous Improvements - The Payment Analyst will be responsible in ensuring all processes are properly executed as per current Controls and Guidelines, and at the same time, continuously reviewing and sharing of Best Practices within the payments network. This includes regular reviews of their own assigned Operating units and challenging the status quo in order to put into place quick wins and improvements.
- 3 years of experience in accounting environment
- Degree in economics, accounting or finance desired
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Outlook
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and analytical skills preferred
- Good command in English both oral and written
- Desired knowledge of GSAP, Blueprint or SERP accounting system
- Fast and accurate data input skills
- Attention to details
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.