Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood is seeking to add an experienced HVAC Engineer to support our team in Calgary, Edmonton and Fort McMurray.
The HVAC Engineer is responsible to::
- Participate in engineering projects in developing HVAC calculations, drawings, 3D Models, data sheets, project related specifications and other design documentation as required.
- On site review of contractors installation and commissioning for compliance
- Participate in project validation and qualification work, including the preparation and execution of validation and verification protocols for a wide range of regulators
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, building codes and standards as they apply to projects
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
- 10 + years experience in HVAC engineering design on large industrial projects
- Strong knowledge in applying relevant industry design practices and key national and international standards and codes
- Ability to deliver best practice HVAC design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, particularly the ability to write technical documentation and communicate discipline requirements to other members of the project team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Generating new HVAC specifications, expand / update current specifications, deviation on specifications.
- Generating technical decision records and project decision records as related to HVAC engineering.
- Create, specify and maintain data sheets for HVAC items, such that the items can be purchased
- Review offers from suppliers and perform a technical bid evaluation of the Equipment offered
- Make a technical assessments and recommendations when required
- Post purchase order placement, review and approve supplier documentation for the related HVAC equipment
- Assist with the assembling of HVAC material requisitions, defining all relevant documentation / requirements
- Visit the supplier's premises to attend kick-off / alignment meetings, the testing of HVAC Equipment and clarification meetings
- Assist with the preparation of technical work practices to ensure consistent working methods
- Liaise with the engineering disciplines: Piping Design, Process, Instrument & Controls, CSA, Procurement and Material Control
- Planning and Execution
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Must be registered as a Professional Engineer or be eligible to register as a P.Eng. with APEGA
- Minimum 10 years' experience in EPCM multi-national companies
- Canadian experience in conceptual, front-end and detail engineering on various large capital projects in oil & gas including Refinery, Upgrader, SAGD, and Petro-Chemicals
- Hands-on field experience in operations and reliability / maintenance engineering, inspections and workshop repairs and turnarounds will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the relevant codes: such as ASHRAE
- Detailed knowledge and proven application in all aspects of HVAC Design
- Keep abreast of latest technology in HVAC and investigate HVAC issues and provide solutions
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel
- Must be legally able to work in Canada at the time of application
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.