Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Process Engineer for our Mining & Minerals office in Bryanston.
Main Purpose of the Role:
- To deliver best practice process plant design services in designated studies, projects and consulting services, in alignment with the company organisational objectives and client requirements, under the guidance of a senior / lead / principal process engineer.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Accountable to provide designated process engineering teams with appropriate quality and best practice in process engineering.
- Accountable for the preparation of designated study, project and proposal documents to ensure quality and accuracy of information.
- Accountable to ensure delivery of process services to designated study, project and proposal teams on or ahead of schedule and on or under budget.
- Accountable to participate in and contribute to the change process within the Process Group.
- Assist the team to achieve pre-set deadlines for studies, projects or proposals he/she is assigned to.
- Quality of documentation and process information provided.
- Client satisfaction as a measure of alignment with client needs.
- Contribution to the company in securing business and maintaining profitability.
- Contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group.
- Contribution to the extent to which change is championed within the Process Group.
- Adhering to deadlines.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Chemical / Process / Metallurgy or B Tech.
- Two years' experience in the mining industry.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Technical knowledge of process plant design and operation, typically gained from one-year experience in the mining industry.
- Ability to manage one's own activities on or ahead of schedule and on or below budget.
- Ability to deliver best practice plant design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering.
- Ability to communicate process requirements to other members of the study, project or proposal team.
- Ability to prepare and deliver oral and written presentations for study and project reports and proposals.
- An understanding of the change process and an ability to participate in that process.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Leadership skills.
- Good work ethic - hard working.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.