Company: NES Fircroft
Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Collins, Mississippi, United States
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Strong commitment to safety, environmental and legal compliance, product integrity, and our Operational Excellence process.
• Safe receipt, storage, handling and distribution of petroleum products.
• Transfer products between tanks. Drains water from tank bottoms. Performs daily inspections of terminal tanks, piping and equipment.
• Performs daily/ weekly/monthly stock reconciliation.
• Perform minor maintenance and mechanical repairs according to the preventive maintenance schedule.
• Perform all sampling and testing of products.
• Willing to train and certify all jobbers and commercial carrier drivers in safe loading and loss prevention system.
• Ensure terminal automation system and other critical equipment function correctly.
• Performs customer service activities; answering phones, carding drivers, addressing driver concerns.
• Assures compliance with all operating procedures, Safe Work Practices, and contractor management
• Holds drivers accountable for safe loading operations
Ability to perform and learn in a fast pace work environment and handle multiple tasks at one time.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years any type of work experience. Military counts as work experience.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, on-call shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Ability to work outside in hot or cold environments.
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
• Not allergic to additives, diesel fuels, or lubricating oils and gasoline products.
• This position requires climbing on top of product storage tanks that are 50 feet tall and lifting 50 - 75 pounds.
• Able to use and understand computers - familiar with the use of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail.
• Able to analyze and survey data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
• Good mathematics and reasoning skills is a necessity
• Experience working in an Industrial Plant setting
• Background in Electrical / Instrumentation preferred but not required.
• Pipeline receipt experience preferred but not required.
• Mechanical experience preferred but not required.
• Military work experience
• Capable of simultaneously performing multiple tasks with limited supervision.
• Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers
• Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to take initiative and perform in both field and computer-based work.
• Maintains a positive attitude and always strives to develop a positive work environment
• Demonstrating tact, initiative, and self-motivation.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.