Skills: CAD / CAM
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an Infrastructure Technician to join our Built Environment, Infrastructure engineering team. We are open to remote, flexible working for the right candidate but under normal working conditions the role is based within the Newcastle upon Tyne or Glasgow offices, where the right candidate would be embedded alongside similar individuals.
The successful candidate will contribute to the project engineering design by providing 3D / BIM models, drawings and technical reporting input at all stages from feasibility and 'optioneering' through to the production of detailed design drawings for procurement and construction.
Our technicians form the foundation of our design deliverables to our clients and are key, valued members of the team. You will lead continuous improvement in these deliverables through driving efficiencies in our drawing and modelling software processes.
- Production of computer aided design drawings to clients' engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality. Work typically includes drainage, earthworks, highways and utility co - ordination
- Developing 3D / BIM models and CAD design documentation
- Working in conjunction with multi - disciplinary engineering teams - civil, structural, water management, process, mechanical & electrical / ICA
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Supporting the administration of project
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training / Continued Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD for production of construction drawings
- Proficiency creating 3D models using Civil 3D
- Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints
- Ability to communicate fluently with other team members and produce reports written in English
- Understanding of BIM processes and standards such as BS EN ISO 19650 Part 1
- Experience with Autodesk Infraworks and Vehicle tracking
- Knowledge / experience of using highway design software packages
- Knowledge of DMRB
- Proficiency in using drainage software Micro Drainage
- A good understanding of the CDM Regulations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.