Skills: Company Man
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an opportunity for an experienced General Assistant (Offshore) for an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Assist trade personnel in the completion of their duties, (I.E carrying and fetching)
- Prepare and maintain worksite in line with Supervisor's instruction
- Assist with general housekeeping, ensuring a safe, clean, and tidy platform is maintained at all times
- Assist where required with specialist cleaning duties, e.g.: HP water jetting, (training will be provided where applicable)
- Act as fire - watch, over - side watch, vessel entry and leg entry watch (offshore only)
- Assist with deck operations in line with capability and in accordance with company rules / restrictions (offshore only)
- Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor
- Support the main activity by obtaining the necessary tools and materials and then assisting the trade personnel under their guidance and instruction
- Providing it is within the general / craft assistant's ability, deal with any minor issue that prevents completion of the task
- Proactively seek additional tasks where time permits
- Adhere to all company policies, working practices and procedures as communicated by the company from time to time
Skills / Qualifications
- Experienced in a similar role in a O&G related industry (onshore not applicable)
- Offshore experience in a similar role
- Malay / English speaking
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.