Posted: Sep 20, 2021
Posted: Sep 20, 2021
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking for a Master Service Mechanic to join the team on a permanent basis in Slidell. The main purpose of the role is to perform crane field service, and act as Company Representative for the crane product line. Will assist in training of B & C level mechanics.
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair cranes - hydraulic and friction or hydraulic and electric.
• Ability to completely overhaul winches, valves, diesel engines and hydraulic components.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for offshore cranes.
• Provide crane school to customers as needed.
• Observe competitive activities.
• Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Introduce new safety features such as anti-two blocking and external brake test kits.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Ability to perform a technical and economic assessment and review for purpose of refurbishment and/or new equipment sales.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Must have friction crane experience.
• Must have mechanical, hydraulic and diesel experience.
• Repair skills.
• Must know proper crane rigging procedures.
• Good driving record.
• Able to perform tasks independently.
• Must have thorough knowledge of API2C and RP2D and 9A Specifications.
• Must have own hand tools.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.