Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Posted: Sep 10, 2021
Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking to recruit a Crane Operator to join our team at Sparrows in Houma, Louisiana. The main purpose of the role is to inspect, maintain, and operate crane in the field.
• Set up, tear down and operation of crane.
• Inspect job site and evaluate customer and division requirements.
• Represent Sparrows Offshore, LLC to the customer and interface the customers' requirements into the overall scope of work.
• Familiarity with all aspects of loading and unloading vessels in conjunction with jobs.
• Determine rigging requirements and be able to handle all rigging equipment.
• Complete all associated paperwork with jobs.
• When required, act as job coordinator on projects.
• When required, attend and represent Sparrows Offshore, LLC at pre-job meetings.
• Maintain cranes; troubleshoot and repair when required.
• Understand and give all standard hand signals for crane operation.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore LLC's Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Mechanical, hydraulic, and diesel experience required.
• Repair skills.
• Familiar with proper crane rigging procedures.
• Familiar with crane operations.
• Communication skill both oral and written.
• Current API RP 2D certificate in crane operation.
• Sparrows API RP 2D Crane Operator Training.
• Valid API crane operator certification when hired and then must attend Sparrows course within 6 months or must attend Sparrows course immediately.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.