Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are recruiting for an experienced Welder/Fitter to join our service in Houma, Louisiana. The primary purpose will be to fit and weld components to complete a weldment per AWS D1.1 Code.
• Properly fit and/or weld component parts to AWS D1.1 Code and engineered drawing and welding procedures.
• Plan layouts/templates.
• Stamp welder ID on completed weldments.
• Assure proper material is issued to job.
• Responsible for providing own hand tools.
• Must be able to perform independent welding duties offshore as well as in shop.
• Safely operate material handling equipment. (i.e. forklift.)
• Assist in training of Welder/Fitter B's in the areas of product knowledge, welding techniques and interpreting drawings.
• Perform all other duties as required by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Previous experience welding and fitting in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to interpret and analyze blueprints.
• Review finished products to ensure accuracy against drawing.
• Work on special projects.
• Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements.
• Continuous improvement.
• Determine required equipment and the welding method, applying welding technique knowledge for highest level quality.
• Knowledge of basic math, including decimals and fractions.
• Proficient in the use of various hand tools necessary to complete a weldment (hand torch, square, level, tape measure, etc.)
• Must be able to get certified in 3G position on 1" plate.
• Ability to weld and get certified in 6GR position.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Strategic thinking to resolve.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.