Skills: NDT Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows group are looking for an experienced Senior NDT Technician to join our team in Slidell, Louisiana on a permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to complete and supervise a range of Inspection services. These Inspection services may be completed individually or by supervising a team of other technicians.
• A Senior Technician/Welding Inspector is responsible for the completion of Inspection and Welding Inspection Services and the completion of the report package in a timely manner.
• Duties include NDT, Welding Inspection, dimensional and functional inspection of equipment related to the Oil and Gas Industry, management of personnel and equipment.
• The overall safety of themselves and all others they are responsible for, overseeing other technicians to ensure inspections and reporting is completed as per company procedures.
• Further duties include onsite training and assisting with on-going personnel competency.
• Dealing with clients, ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the company policies and procedures, complying to all Company Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies and Procedures, and reporting to the Operations Manager any and all pertinent issues affecting the safe and professional operations within the company.
Qualifications & Experience:
• ASNT Ultrasonic Level 2 - all configurations.
• ASNT MPI Level 2.
• ASNT LPI Level 2.
• Eddy Cerrent (essential.)
• Welding Inspector (CSWIP 3.0/ 3.1 or equivalent) (preferred.)
• ASNT ECI Level 2 (preferred.)
• Have a good understanding of API, ASME, ASTM, British Standards and Specifications.
• Preferable to have a good understanding of ABS, Lloyds and DNV Classifications including all accept/reject criteria.
• Rope Access (preferred.)
• Offshore Medical (preferred.)
• Offshore Survival (preferred.)
• Good Communication skills.
• Supervisory and Planning skills.
• Ability to motivate others.
• Ability to work in a team and on own initiative.
• Fluent in Written and Spoken English.
• Preparing of Inspection reports.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.