Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Slidell, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group are looking to recruit a Lifting and Rigging Inspector to join our team in Slidell, Louisiana. The main purpose of the role is to perform all aspects of Lifting & Rigging Inspection.
• Read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
• Inspect, troubleshoot and repair overhead cranes.
• Repair hoists, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical components.
• Maintain electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and mechanical knowledge via on-going training, industry workshops and technical reading.
• Carry out preventative maintenance program for onshore and offshore overhead cranes.
• Observe competitive activities. Contribute to company image and reputation.
• Manage and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
• Maintain and follow driving guidelines for assigned company vehicle.
• Must be able to identify all types of crane components.
• Identify and request replacement parts in order to perform repairs.
• Complete all paperwork thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
• Know and understand Sparrows Offshore' Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System manual.
• Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Perform all other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Understand basic operations of pneumatic, electric, mechanical, principles, machinery alignment, rigging etc.
• Must be familiar with lifting and rigging procedures.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Weld Inspection, dimensional and functional inspection of equipment
• Able to perform tasks independently.
• Communication skills both oral and written.
• Good driving record.
• Experience in service related area.
• Perform other duties as required by Supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
• Ability to learn online reporting software, understand basic excel, complete word document templates, and prepare inspection reports.
• Ability to interpret and understand ASME B30 standards.
• Magnetic Particle Inspection
• Liquid Penetrant Inspection
• IRATA/SPRAT Rope Access
• Offshore certifications - HUET, TWIC, etc.
The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment, technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.