Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Would you like to shape our strategy for Data and Analytics?
Would you like to shape the future of energy technology using data?
Join our Digital Technology Team!
Our Digital Technology business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team oversees the operational excellence and performance of our Data and Analytics platform and EcoSystem.
Partner with the best
As Lead Big Data Engineer you will deliver projects to innovate and create a next-generation of Cloud-based solutions for our Data and Analytics platform. You'll have ownership of development and support of our cloud strategy. You will collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to ensure successful service delivery of quality products.
As Big Data & AI/ML Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering AWS cloud solutions in areas such as AIML, advanced analytics, microservices, serverless, etc.
- Building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on AWS platform using services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB and ECS.
- Build and operationalize large scale enterprise data solutions and applications using one or more of AWS data and analytics services in combination with RedShift, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena, EMR, Spark etc.,
- Design and build a utomation of end to end data pipeline with metadata, data quality checks, and audit
- Following security guidelines to develop secure and compliant Cloud services by working with Risk and Security team
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you should:
- Be a graduate in Computer Science/Software Engineering/Mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in information technology
- Have 4+ years' experience in big data, database and data warehouse architecture and delivery
- 3+ years of hands-on experience implementing data analytics solutions using AWS services: VPC, EC2, S3, AutoScaling, CloudFormation, LakeFormation, DMS, Kinesis, Kafka, CDC processing Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloudtrail, CloudWatch, Docker, Lambda, Spark, Glue, Sage Maker, AI/ML, API GW, etc.
- 3+ years for experience in most-used programming languages in data analytics solutions (like Python, Spark, PySpark, Unix shell/Perl scripting)
- Experience in event-driven, microservices and serverless implementations
- Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data management, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, HVR, Talend, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- AWS Big data or AI/ML Specialty or any other AWS certifications are a plus
- Have professional profiency in English
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.