Skills: Risk Management, Safety Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Knutsford, United Kingdom
Due to current workloads and future prospects, Wood have an exciting opportunity for experienced, self-starting and motivated Principal Major Hazards, Process Safety and Risk Consultant. You will join a busy and successful team of process safety and risk professionals who work with both external clients and on internal Wood projects. This role will interest those who are technically excellent, deliver to high standards, build successful customer relationships and enjoy winning new business.
Prospective candidates must have experience of managing major accident hazards either onshore and/or offshore facilities. The positions can be based out of the following offices: NorthWest, Bristol, Leamington, Reading, London or Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Delivering and leading high-quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including energy transition, oil & gas (onshore and offshore), chemical and major infrastructure sectors
- Proven expertise in consultancy; major hazards, safety risk assessment, process safety, COMAH safety report preparation, and offshore safety case preparation
- Managing client relationships and winning work
- Produce high quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
- Networking with other group companies
Skills / Qualifications
- A relevant engineering, science or technology related degree (or equivalent) is essential
Essential experience will include:
- A successful consultancy track record in major hazards safety and risk consultancy, working with operators, design engineering and regulatory clients.
- A technical expertise in major hazards, process safety, major hazards regulation (including COMAH Safety Report studies and preparation) and several of the following areas: Quantitative assessment, safety and environmental major hazards management, facilitation (including HAZOP, LOPA and HAZID/ENVID), reliability assessment, detailed consequence analysis, supporting major hazard safety studies, COMAH and offshore Safety case preparation, and major accident and disasters for EIA purposes
- Working in multi-skilled teams, project management, project delivery, business development and writing successful proposals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.