Posted: Sep 09, 2021
Posted: Sep 09, 2021
Skills: Customer Service
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Port Arthur, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Representative to work at our client site in Port Arthur, TX. Local candidates only please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem offered.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Description of a Customer Service Representative:
Receive, investigate and respond to all customer inquiries regarding shipments, products and complaints. Input phone/fax orders and relative data into the computer. Interact with customers to provide information in response to order inquiries and to handle and resolve complaints. Calls are non-routine and require deviation from standard screens, scripts, and procedures. Handle situations which may require adaptation of response or extensive research according to customer response. Use computerized system for tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting. Requires extensive knowledge of the products. Advanced problem-solving skills required. May assess needs and suggest/promote alternative products.
- Accountable to ensure customer needs are met including timing of deliveries, complaints, and delays
- Provide resolution to customer concerns including working with the sales team for input/resolution
- Establish and manage good working relationship with customers
- Support customers by providing information about products and services, to take or enter orders, or to obtain details of complaints
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken
- Determine charges for services requested or arrange for billing
- Inform customers on manufacturing/shipping deliveries and delays
- Book shipments and manage traffic schedule through relationships with common carriers, railroads, and barge companies
- Work with operations to ensure traffic schedule accuracy and timeliness
- Perform Daily update of rail fleet list for Port Arthur Site
- Execute railcar movements for inventory shipping to the terminals
Skills / Qualifications
Education / Skills / Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree (two-year college or technical school) preferred or equivalent experience
- One to two years related experience preferred
- Computer Skills-Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Great Plains
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.