Skills: Cost Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting a Senior Cost Engineer experienced in automation projects as well as familiar with monitoring and forecasting sub-contractor costs for one of our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Maintain a comprehensive material and construction quantity control and reporting system to include the current status of budget, commitment, value of work done forecast quantities and costs
- Liaise with Project Planning Engineer on analysis of project status. Review the impact of cost and schedule changes upon each other
- Identify and analyse deviations and trends against the budgets. Investigate such deviations with the relevant group and advise Project Manager of issues requiring corrective action
- Establish and maintain all cost recording documentation, provide comprehensive cost analysis and prepare forecasts of final project costs
- Understand all relevant documentation pertaining to the project including scope of services, conditions of contract, project execution plan, project schedule etc
- Work within standard project cost engineering procedures. Ensure these procedures comply with contractual reporting requirements and, if not, modify accordingly
- Disseminate budget quantity information to all operating groups, providing clarification and additional information where necessary and ascertaining commitment to budgets as the cost target
- Instill cost awareness in the project organisation such that capital costs are controlled and changes to work scope are identified and quantified
- Obtain from operating groups the latest information pertinent to cost analysis and ensure its accuracy and completeness
- Attend meetings concerning cost matters
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in an Engineering discipline or where strong cost and commercial skills are included
- Good level of relevant experience
- Engineering / Construction Cost Control Experience
- Proven Cost Engineering experience within Petrochemical or similar industries
- Proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pro - active approach to solving problems and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills
- Self - motivated, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.