Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
Qualifications Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Routes items to specific departments and is responsible for getting the appropriate authorization signature.
- Operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Assists other Departments and other administrative personnel as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum one (1)- three (3) years' experience in material handling required.
- Training and experience equivalent to one (1) - three (3) years of full-time employment in warehousing and materials management, or a closely related field required.
- Some experience with a computerized inventory control system, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Some experience in the use of programs such as: MS Office programs, MS Project, and Maximo required.
- Knowledge of HSE awareness required.
- Customer service experience and certification in materials management, inventory control, purchasing, or related areas is highly desirable.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Possess interpersonal skills in dealing with customers, employees and others both inside and outside the company.
- Knowledge of: modern materials management and purchasing principles and practices; business-based customer service and vendor relations; accounting and recordkeeping requirements of inventory control and warehousing operations; inventory control principles and practices; computerized inventory control system operations; warehousing and materials storage safety practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to assist in the long-range planning process as it affects the materials and supply activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility employees, vendors, and suppliers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically with minimal direction.
- Driven to meet and exceed performance parameters.
- Strong attention to details.
- Able to remain calm and effective in emergencies.
- Able to communicate fluently in English.
- Strong use of Microsoft software and able to use computers.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.