Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kariwa, Niigata, Japan
Production Value Stream Manager
Are you passionate about Value Stream?
Are you passionate about LEAN Manufacturing Principles?
Join our Baker Hughes Valves Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity.
Be part of our Valves Team
As a Production Value Stream Manager, you're to ensure the delivery of value stream improvement program requirements and objectives. You're also to ensure is effectively arbitrating and resolving issues in the value stream.
As a Production Value Stream Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Owning and maintaining the Value Stream Mapping from the start till finish in the defined area
- Managing the architecture of value stream. Identifying value as defined by the customer's perspective. To achieve an ever-shortening value creating flow
- Monitoring the jobs in the value stream, identifying complex problems and ensures resolution through appropriate channels.
- Providing focus and alignment within the area for improvement initiative identification and completion with Initiative Owners
- Participating in root cause analysis of problems, and appropriately communicates to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Shaping business process improvements and the innovative use of integrated systems
- Being an active member of a Value Stream Network with Continuous Improvement Leaders at other Baker Hughes factories
- Performing GEMBA Walks with Continuous Improvement Leader, Operations Leaders, Supervisors for the areas in focus.
- Learning, sharing and leveraging the best practices from/to other plants
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business field from an accredited college or university
- Have about 10 years' experience or more in manufacturing, industrial, technical field or Military Equivalent environment
- Have experience in shaping Value Stream or Lean manufacturing principles
- Have experience in ERP or SAP and Planning Tools for Supply Chain environment
- Have good computer skills including MS office specifically proficient in Excel application
- Have demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of employees and contractors
- Have experience leading a team and drives results through lean processes, good LEAN manufacturing knowledge, work processes understanding
- Have good business level proficiency in English and Japanese
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Please discuss your preferred working arrangements with your recruiter during the process
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.