Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Posted: Nov 30, 2021
Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Designer - Electrical with relevant experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry on agency payroll to be based out of Kolkata location.
- Experience in FEED or EPC engineering design in Project execution (Desirable)
- Use of Micro station / Auto CAD 2-D and PDS 3-D, Smart Plant 3D, PDMS for Electrical Modelling of raceway, equipment etc.
- Development and checking of 3D models. Generate Engineering 2D Drawings from 3D models
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required
- Report changes to the Lead Designer / Lead Engineer
- Produces design work in conformance with applicable codes and standards
- Electrical installation design including plant layout, hazardous areas, power and grounding, substation layout, lighting, cabling, schematics and interconnection diagrams, electrical bulks specification. Interpretation of SLD's, standards
- Ability to liaise design interface issues with other disciplines typically piping and civils
- Ability to check engineering design deliverables in a multi-discipline task force based engineering design environment
- Participate in departmental planning for modeling / drafting effort. Interact with Lead Engineers / Engineers for modeling / drafting inputs
- Checks works of other designers for accuracy, completeness and / or conformance flow or circuit diagrams, related data and coordination with other discipline's work
- Prepares and Checks Bill of Materials in connection with the drawings of his assigned project
- Prepares and checks production lists for requisition of bulk electrical materials
- Function as checker for discipline deliverables per instruction from Lead Designer / Engineer
- Participate in preliminary layout and material take off (MTO) effort for estimation / bid purposes to provide field engineering support. Review of Vendor drawings to ensure consistency with the model. Generate MTO, delivery quality
- Ability to produce deliverables on schedule, of the correct quality and technical content. Ability to liaise with the client on technical issues and resolve conflicts
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma / ITI in Electrical Engineering
- Must have experience between 10+ years in Electrical Engineering Design Environment (Essential)
- Industry type: Refinery / Petrochemical / Chemical / Oil & Gas / Power
- Should be expertise in MicroStation, AutoCAD, PDS, PDMS, CAD Works, SP3D, (Raceway modelling, equipment modelling, MTO extraction etc) SPR, SPEL Navisworks, Orthogen, Drawing Manager, MS-Office- MS Word MS Excel, Power Point
- Should be proficient in English language, written & verbal and have experience in peer to peer communication with overseas personnel independently on project work
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.