Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
The successful candidate can reside within a commuting distance from one of our UK offices in either Aberdeen, Rosyth, Bury St Edmunds o r Stockton.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is dedicated to sales support of the C-Nav service line, providing support to account management functions and commercial customer support.
- Processing of customer purchase orders in line with C-Nav and Oceaneering commercial process using CRM, ERP and C-Nav specific business systems.
- Coordination of sales order fulfilment with relevant stock/logistics locations and keeping customer advised of progress.
- Working with commercial and finance functions to ensure that customer accounts are created and maintained accurately and that invoices are raised in a timely manner.
- Assist account management with territory plans, logistics of planned visits with direct client interaction. Function as next-best point-of contact in the absence of primary sales representative in the event primary is on vacation or traveling.
- Provides relevant information to account management personnel regarding customized integrated systems by liaising with Commercial department to assist in generating complex quotes in an expedient fashion.
- Generate custom reports from ERP and associated business systems to identify accounts that require attention.
- Stay up to date by reading industry publications, viewing websites of intended sales visits for News-worthy events to pass along to account managers and maintain an edge on industry and competitive trends.
- Assist traveling account managers with a multitude of requests.
- Assist sales by prospecting targeted areas for prospective business contacts, initiating contact through phone and email and coordinating sales visits for the sales team.
- Assist in keeping CRM up to date with entry of Company and Contact information from Conferences and Trade Shows, supporting the account management team in generating sales follow-up plans.
- Participate in trade show events with scheduled booth attendance, networking events, client introductions, meetings and timely follow up after the conference from inquiring and interested contacts.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of client interactions, contracts, shipping and support issues.
- Assist account management team in identifying and preparing up-to-date client catalog replete with current contacts for marketing materials.
- Assist with customer agreements, client stated terms and conditions, service expectations, referrals, and invoicing procedures.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Account Manager - C-Nav.
- Significant operations and sales experience or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform the required duties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Outlook Teams and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of operating policies and procedures.
- Must be able to audit the flow of data to ensure reliability, develop checkpoints and control the reliability of company data.
- Able to understand, administer and maintain the policy and procedures manual, issue periodic statistical reports of a general and/or specialized nature.
- Ability to complete work assignments and proposals in an allotted time period and deal with problems as they arise.
- Able to operate necessary IT equipment. Knowledge of all duties assigned to area operations employees.
- Comfortable with remote working and/or hybrid working (part time office hot-desk).
- Ability to learn and retain product specific information as it pertains to the position.
- Considerable experience in the field or in a related area.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Proven sales support experience
- Outstanding customer service skills and professional judgment.
- Input daily activity into company CRM system with regards to meetings held, calls made and opportunities that exist along with competitive information as learned.
- Previous marketing, sales or customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Excellent verbal, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure.
- Strong desire to work towards high and distant goals.
- Possess a positive and optimistic attitude.
This position is considered OFFICE which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.