Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an IT Audit Director to join us in Houston. You will have responsibility for implementing our IT Audit Plan, which includes discrete IT audit projects (e.g. cyber security, customer software audits and patch management), consultative activities, and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of controls around the Company's IT environment. Day to day you might also be working on SOX support, and strategic initiatives such as ESG Reporting, Master Data Management or Digital Upskilling.
If you have a passion for shaping Assurance practise in a consultative manner we would love to hear from you! IT Audit Director Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of the Company's key business processes, risks, and control activities for information systems, technical infrastructures, data centres, computer operations, and key applications.
- Plan and execute global audits of IT general controls, application controls, and reports, including scope and risk assessment, development of audit procedures, review and analysis of evidence, documentation of processes, procedures, and test work.
- Direct and supervise the design and successful execution of risk-based IT and integrated audit programs based on professional internal control frameworks (COBIT, COSO, NIST, ITIL).
- Apply knowledge of business cycles to evaluate new applications by performing pre and post implementation reviews.
- Incorporate data privacy, disaster recovery, and other emerging concepts into IT risk and control assessments.
- Provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses.
- Conduct and document IT walkthroughs with the purpose of identifying key controls and processes as well as proposing improvements.
- Develop and execute test plans for key automated application controls identified during business process walkthroughs such as IT-dependent manual controls, system-generated reports, system interface controls, and calculations.
- Manage internal audit IT professionals and conduct reviews of all test work to ensure alignment with IIA standards and Company policies and procedures.
- Timely communicate audit status, issues, risks, and deficiencies to audit management and key stakeholders through periodic meetings and written media as necessary.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management's response and progress of remediation efforts for all significant weaknesses noted in IT audit reports.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for escalation and communication to IT leadership.
- Perform timely and constructive reviews of IT audit resources to recognize achievements and to identify developmental opportunities.
- Build a best-in-class IT Audit function and promote succession planning opportunities through mentoring and coaching of team resources.
- Minimum of 15 years audit (internal or external) or company experience.
- Minimum of 7 years leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields.
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally - up to 25% maximum.