Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer at our Warren Michigan location. The daily work site is Warren Michigan, as well as client sites during project commissioning and standby phases. The ideal candidate must be fluent with Control Logix processors, and have automotive conveyor control experience. Must have proven track record of logic writing, the ability to diagnose problems and make PLC program changes as needed . Demonstrated troubleshooting skills are absolutely necessary. Shift work required for this position during commissioning and standby project phases.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with solid experience as an automation engineer or systems integrator, who is looking for career growth with a major organization. Excellent benefits, some travel [25%], and a long term position.
- Able to quickly diagnose the root cause of problem(s) and make PLC program changes to maintain production.
- Must be fluent with Rockwell Control Logix processors, RS Logix 5000 Studio. AB VFD & PLC5 experience a plus.
- Must be detail oriented, capable of writing and modifying logic in conformance to client standards.
- Experience with controls hardware design, logic design and debug of automotive conveyors.
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Science Mechatronics or equivalent relevant work experience
- Able to quickly learn [self-teach] to fill in skill gaps
- Capable of working 10 hours standing and fast walking 5 to 10 miles daily
- Track record working with skilled trades and engineers
- Regular attendance required, all weather on time
- Able to communicate verbally over plant radio, be clear and succinct
- Able to deal with pressure to restore production during breakdowns
- Able to constructively react to criticism
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.