Posted: Nov 16, 2021
Posted: Nov 16, 2021
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer/Project Manager with experience in water resources and civil design, with an emphasis on stream design, to join our Carolina's Water Resources Engineering Team.
The ideal candidate will join our Carolinas' Water Resources Engineering team with an opportunity to work on a variety of projects throughout the Southeast, with an initial focus on projects in and around South Carolina. The candidate will work closely with a multi-disciplinary environmental team to support development of Section 404/401 and NPDES permit applications.
Candidates with familiarity with state and local drainage standards, policies and procedures, USACE and SCDHEC permitting requirements, Federal Emergency Management Act (FEMA), and natural channel stream design will be given preference.
*Candidates can be located anywhere throughout the Carolinas, with some travel to project sites included. Proximity to Columbia, SC is a plus but not required. *
- Lead and mentor a team of early and mid-career engineers
- Use relevant technology
- Manage and lead projects in a team environment
- Market clients and prepare proposals
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems
- Support stream restoration and other water resources design projects
- Perform field investigations and GIS data processing to obtain data necessary for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies and watershed/stormwater master planning
- Prepare project reports
- Deliver quality products to clients on schedule
- Work with a team of water resources engineers, natural resource scientist, and GIS specialists
- Some travel/field work is required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree in Civil, Water Resources, Biosystems Engineering or similar
- Professional Engineer certification
- 10 to 15 years of experience in civil/water/drainage/design, particularly stream restoration
- Trained project manager
- Must work well in a team environment, with the ability to multi-task and handle various assignments at once
- Possess good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Experience preparing construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation
- Knowledge of riverine hydrology and hydraulics; experienceed with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, TR-20, and SWMM models
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge of Natural Channel Design principles
- Knowledge of and experience with FEMA floodplain regulations
- Experience with Section 404/401 Permitting
- Experience with SCDHEC NPDES Permitting
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.