Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Buyer for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen
In this role, the Buyer, is responsible for supporting our business in ensuring delivery of high quality Purchase Orders with our vendors. In addition, the Buyer is tasked with supporting continuous process improvements and operational efficiency/productivity gains in their function. The postholder is acting as a first escalation point for local supplier issues and ensure that the local stakeholders are appropriately trained on Procurement tools.
- Work in full compliance with the company Buying policy, educating and driving the correct behaviours of business stakeholders
- Build effective stakeholder relationships across all our locations, ensuring a high service level in terms buyer functional delivery
- Manage the relationship with internal customers - partner with internal customers to positively influence spending decisions, to analyze and make recommendations to the business
- Understand the business needs within the business groups & validate the requirements are justified
- Ensure availability of all goods and services in time - proactively support business owners to ensure equipment/ consumables/ service availability to meet agreed timescales
- Execute Purchase Orders including full tracking up to delivery on site
- Support implementation of Catalogues and promote/execute with local requesters higher spend penetration through Catalogues
- Identify savings opportunities and partner with Category Managers to deliver savings through tenders/negotiations/contract renewals
- Previous, relevant experience in SAP and as a Buyer.
- Experience in best practice PR to PO processes
- Good understanding of overall procurement topics with a special focus on buying processes and relevant tools
- Good understanding of procurement cycle, procurement theory and best practice
- Technical understanding of workings and logic in procurement and payment tools including SAP ERP
- Minimum 5 years' experience of working in a similar role, or with similar responsibilities
- Good understanding of Oil and Gas industry
- Ability to take good practice from within the organisation and deploy within procurement
- Strong customer service approach to delivering the buying function.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, decision making/problem solving, and influencing and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization and with external parties.
- The individual must have the ability influence the direction of the business.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Prioritisation skills to ensure a seamless execution.
- Ability to work cross functionally and with external stakeholders comfortably.
- Combines a strong business acumen and commercial skills along with technical system skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office