Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join our Procurement Department in Madrid.
- Develop and issue the inquiries (RFQs) at market for all the equipment and material involved in the project, through the corporative standards and in-house programs
- Develop a complete bid commercial evaluation that includes all commercial considerations, in the in-house program
- Develop and issues the purchase s for all material and equipment involved in the project
- Develop and maintain necessary supplier correspondence, and ensure it is filed properly in the purchase order file, as per corporative standards
- Confirm if milestones have been achieved by vendor (verify the vendor invoices)
- Maintains highest ethical and professional standards as established by the corporation
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Economist or equivalent degree.
- +5 years of progressively responsible experience in purchasing activities referred, in engineering and vendor companies are preferred.
- Must be intermediate to advance in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Collects and researches data; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Meets commitments; participates in meetings.
- Writes clearly and informatively; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Contributes to profits and revenue; works with integrity and ethically.
- Follows policies and procedures; follows instruction, responds to management direction.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Immediate availability
- Advanced English level and Spanish are required.
- Holding a valid Spanish work permit
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.