Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Decommissioning and Developments Document Controller for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen
Responsible for the provision of an onshore Document Control service to Decommissioning and Developments Projects, working in compliance with Company policies and procedures under the guidance of the Information Centre Team Leader.
- Implement, develop and define procedures and specifications to ensure IM best practice is implemented throughout project lifecycle.
- Manage project information throughout entire lifecycle from creation to final version / destruction.
- Manage relationships with project, business areas and stakeholders and liaise with business teams in defining, capturing and managing project deliverables.
- Deliver project document control following project procedures for internal/external technical documents and project correspondence.
- Maintain company's electronic document management systems (EDMS)
- Deliver document control following company procedures for internal/external documentation.
- Issue and receive documents and drawings in a controlled manner and within agreed time-scales, using company's EDMS
- Quality check of document deliverables received from internal and external parties against IM Standards and Specifications.
- Processing of projects / operational documentation including Engineering, Supplier and Company documentation: registration, issue, distribution, transmittal, tracking, and retrieval of documents received and issued to and from company / 3rd Parties.
- Maintaining the life cycle of comment sheets within the company's EDMS.
- Maintain integrity of the EDMS by following defined company procedures.
- Maintaining the electronic records, ensuring these reflect accurate attribute and current document status.
- Document Number, Revision Coding / Revision Status control and allocation.
- Allocation of engineering numbering in accordance with company procedures.
- Create and maintain internal Master Document Register (MDR) for use by the project/operations team.
- Preparation and maintenance of project-specific Document Distribution Matrices (DDMs), in accordance with project defined requirements.
- Liaise with 3rd Parties (contractors, suppliers, certifying authorities, Government bodies, etc.) regarding the capture and submission of documentation.
- Deliver document control requests received from operations and projects including document numbering, tag numbering, document retrieval, searching etc.
- Docloading (bulk loading) of records to EDMS.
- Scanning of documents and uploading of files if required to EDMS.
- Expediting of overdue Issued for Review / IDC and Issued for Acceptance documentation.
- Providing reporting for all projects (Late Reports, Weekly Document Issue Reports, etc.).
- Processing of Bridging documents and Emergency Response Plan (ERP), ensuring hard copies are placed in the Emergency Response Room.
- Send out relevant Policies & Procedures to Platform Supply Vessel (PSV) / Emergency Response and Rescue Vessel (ERRV) when on hire.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers including attending kick off meetings.
- Participate in project kick off meetings providing a small presentation to personnel if required.
- Participate in Lessons Learned meetings.
- Supporting and assisting with any ad-hoc requests received from company and 3rd Parties.
- Preparation / compilation of document packages for issue to internal and 3rd Parties, as required.
- Prepare documentation for Invitation to Tender (ITT) data packs in preparation for contract award.
- Project/operations archiving to support turnover and closeout.
- Ensure Engineering archive documentation is captured and controlled in compliance with company procedures.
- Search and retrieval of information held within EDMS, including the recall of archive information held in offsite storage.
- Offsite storage requests and retrievals for the business (Physical Records Management).
- Comply with the Company Records Management procedure for Controlled and non-Controlled documents.
- Implement, develop and define procedures and specifications to cover all aspects of the Document Control scope.
- Providing assistance and training in the use of the Document Management Systems to the project teams.
- Provide training and support to project personnel in DC processes and search/use of EDMS.
- Provide DMS training or front-end searching guidance for any relevant internal / external parties ensuring that all are updated with any changes or enhancements.
- Providing assistance with documentation-related rationalisation projects.
- Assist in the implementation of new Document Control related processes and enhancements.
- Proactively promote and ensure Document Control processes and procedures are understood and are complied with by the users.
- Process Project Delivery Process (PDP) documentation.
- Ensure Intranet Project Site is set up as required.
- Manage controlled drawings as required.
- Process printing requests from all departments and liaise with External Printing Company.
- Deliver all aspects of the document control function ensuring requests and queries are prioritized. Ensuring these are processed and closed out in a timely manner, and that a professional / quality Document Control service is provided to the Business.
- Communicate and provide regular status updates to the Information Centre Team Leader identifying potential Document Control-related areas of concern and seek resolution in a timely manner.
- Execute day-to-day document control support to Decommissioning and Developments departments.
- Provide weekly progress / status updates.
- Attend and contribute to project specific meetings and IM team meetings.
- Work in a collaborative manner and, where required, support and assist other Information Centre team members.
- Educated to minimum of Higher Grade level
- MS Office computer literacy.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Coordination of day-to-day activities.
- Work in a collaborative manner with all internal and external interfaces.
- Provide weekly progress / status updates.
- Attend and contribute to project and team meetings.
- Keep your Outlook calendar up-to-date and public.
- Ensure familiarity with company's intranet page, company and SHE policies and procedures.
- Take personal responsibility for you and your colleague's safety and intervene where required.
- Report all accidents, incidents and near misses in accordance with company procedures.
- Review team annual leave plans before submitting requests - ensure adequate cover for your role.
- Provide Document Control support to other projects, including the provision of holiday/sickness cover, as required.
- Set a good example - be hardworking, honest, fair, reliable and responsive.
- Maintain good communication with the business and manage their expectations appropriately.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve the service you provide.
- Read and apply IS policies. Ask for clarification when required. Escalate deviations.
- Work to reduce number of Incidents or time to resolve.• Has an effective and appropriate level of written and oral communication skills. Has the ability to liaise / interface with people at all levels.
- Has a positive and flexible attitude and demonstrates commitment in the delivery of an efficient and quality service to the project.
- Experience working within the oil and gas industry in a Document Control environment. Preferred: demonstrable working knowledge of DCC.
- EDMS experience, preferably with knowledge of Documentum / Webtop / McLaren.
- Experienced in working in compliance with departmental and project procedures.
- Experience with Document Numbering / Revision Control coding and indexing requirements re Design and Supplier documentation, including document lifecycles.
- Meticulous attention to detail with accurate inputting skills.
- Has a systematic and disciplined approach to work and is able to plan, schedule and monitor own work within a limited and / or defined timeline.
- Ability to complete tasks as directed by supervisor, meeting tight time-scales when required, especially in the lead up to a campaign mobilisation.
- Is able to adopt a proactive and coordinated approach in identifying anomalies, areas of concern and resolving problems in a timely and effective manner
- Capable of working on own initiative after short period of training.
- Works in a collaborative manner, must be a team player.
- CPD training in Document Control e.g. RGU Document Control Foundation